Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not syncing with iCloud

I went to iCloud via my office computer and entered an event in my calendar, set alerts, etc.

They never showed up on my iPhone. I don't know if they ever showed up on my home iMac's Calendar program. I'll check tonight.

I checked the settings in my iPhone's preferences and it seems to be turned on.

I did not see any "sync now" button in either the iPhone prefs or the iCloud prefs.

Is there a fix for this?

I might actually have to go back to writing reminder notes on PAPER and putting them in my pockets.

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:09 AM

1. First check that all your settings are correct, that calendar syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).
  2. Make sure the calendars you are using are in your 'iCloud' account and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud account (you can do this by clicking/tapping the calendar button in the top left corner of the application ), non iCloud calendars will not sync.
  3. If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your calendars are in the iCloud account, you might try unchecking calendar syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling calendar syncing settings.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2013 7:09 AM in response to SimonJester753

1. First check that all your settings are correct, that calendar syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).
  2. Make sure the calendars you are using are in your 'iCloud' account and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud account (you can do this by clicking/tapping the calendar button in the top left corner of the application ), non iCloud calendars will not sync.
  3. If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your calendars are in the iCloud account, you might try unchecking calendar syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling calendar syncing settings.

Sep 14, 2013 2:27 PM in response to SimonJester753

I had same problem - syncing 2 iphones, 3 Macs to icloud, it would work one way, not the other, etc etc

Fixed it as follows:

1st - Back up calander on each device ....

log into icloud and make sure calander on icloud is your master & up to date - so everything you want to keep is there.

On each device - turn off icloud sync for your calander. This will ask if you want delete the calander on the device, Yes delete it. - Do a full restart on device for good measure.

Go back to icloud sync on each device and turn on - This will ask if you want to merge calanders with iCloud - Yes you do...

Wait for the icloud calander to download to device,

Now you have a new copy of the icloud master calander on your device, it should all work :-)

Aug 31, 2015 7:57 PM in response to SimonJester753

I have been having the same issue for a very long time, and I has not gone away.

Settings are set correctly for everything I want to sync.

What is wrong with Apple? In my opinion iCloud is just as bad as MobileMe used to be and .Mac before that. Once again I have multiple syncing issues.

Today I made changes on my computer, left my office under the assumption that my new entry would sync with my phone. When I was on the road far away from my office, it turned out, the phone number had not synced so I could not call the business relation.

When I arrived home, the number had synced from my computer to iCloud, but not from iCloud to my phone. In fact after opening and closing Contacts on my phone multiple times the phone will still not sync.

Like I said, this app is still a terribly bad!

Thanks for the hype Apple!

PS. iCal isn't any better!

iPhone not syncing with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.