Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the home screen is frozen?

I have a message on my home screen that states there is not enough storage for icloud backup. It will not let me close out of this message or do anything else on the ipad. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:14 AM

Try a reset:

Hold the Sleep and Home button down for about 10 second until you see the Apple logo.

14 replies

Feb 11, 2013 11:32 PM in response to Diavonex

Hi Diavonex,

1st sep,It works for resetting the Ipad and the frozened message is disappeared.

2nd step, Yes, follow this path to the manage storage but can not deside for now wich content is needed to be deleted. So, I just DISACTIVATEDO(PUT TO OFF) the fonction (Automatically backup the content my Ipad(6.2GB) to Icloud that cause the problem of missing storage Icloud(limit to 5GB).

3rd step, I instead, copy all the internal content of Ipad(specially PHOTOS And VIDEO Clips) to my PC via USB to prevent of any problem of Ipad in the future.

Finally, my Ipad now is working proprely without problem.

Thanks anyway for your precious help.🙂

Diavonex wrote:

You manage your iCloud Storage here:

Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage

Feb 12, 2013 1:19 AM in response to Diavonex

Hi again Diavonex,

1)I suppose that Itune is just an application of apple to download music or video from internet and arrange them in the play list(Locally in my PC).

2)As I already copy(backup) the content to HDD of my PC, what is the necessary of backup to ITune ?

What is the difference between ITune backup and Icloud backup ?

Thanks before hand for your clarification !

the home screen is frozen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.