Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keynote from imac to ipad is giving problems

I make on my Imac under Mountain Lion keynote presentations with all different effects. How do i transfer the presentation to my ipad. Ihave on my ipad keynote installed but my presentation is different than the one i made orginally on my imac. Some effects missing, format not correct, some other character types...

Any help is welcome , due to the fact that i bought an ipad to set my presentations on it , and via a VGA cable to use my ipad in the field instead of moving my imac every time.

Second question: my imac does not have airplay ( previous model) can i connect it via my Apple TV to see my presentation at home on my big screen, so i can check my presentations in advance.

Please any comment is more than welcome

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:14 AM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2013 5:58 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Not sure where else to put this, but was having the reverse problem. I had created a presentation on my Mac, got it to the iPad fine. However, the updated comments (presenter notes) I made on the iPad would not transfer back to Keynote on the Mac. I tried the iTunes transfer and PadSync, but neither worked. I tried to email myself the presentation from Keynote on the iPad, but the file was too large. I finally found the option to save the iPad Keynote file as a PowerPoint file through iTunes. I did that and it opened with all my notes in tact. The font is too large to display on the notes page, but formatting will fix that. i would imagine that if I'd gotten rid of all of my PowerPoint software, I could open the file in OpenOffice and at least my notes would be there.

keynote from imac to ipad is giving problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.