Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Delete file iCloud

I am having an issue with the New Late 2012 iMac and syncing numbers documents in the cloud.

1) I cannot sync a native document from the new iMac to the cloud via the Numbers Program. I can drag the document into the browser and update it that way

2) After doing this as a work around the document devlopes an error message making it unable to drag and drop 3 times seems to be the max allowed with this method

Spent an hour on the phone with Apple to no avail, I have tried

1) Deleteing icloud off all my devices Mini, Iphone, Ipad macbook air and iMac.

2) Yes I have made sure Docs in the cloud is turned on on all devices and the right icloud account is signed in

3) rebooted everything a few times

4) created another profile on the IMac which is able to update via the Native Numbers program and not the Browser as I was doing on profile 1.

The problem seems to be this file which is gray'd out and I cannot delete it off any device, the date that this started happening is the creation date of this document, so process of elimination I want to delete this document to see if this is corrupting profile 1 and disabling my ability to upload files via the native Numbers program.

Anyone have a document that is in the constant update state on icloud that cannot delete it with a new Mac? Its a very frustrating problem because I use the mac as the mother ship to handle presentations and spread sheets and its not pushing out what I do on it and its brand new..Considering doing a time machine restore on the new profile to see if that works..Anyone have some more thoughts, I have tried all the simple fixes thanks to Apple and a very nice female voice named Kerry.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), iCloud

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:33 AM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2013 9:14 AM in response to Winston Churchill

This deeper than that. I created another account on the same iMac and it works in Harmony with my other devices and Documents in the cloud. I can only imagine the icloud account is somehow corrupted (I am on my macbook not iMac at the moment). There have been no updates to the Calendar, Contacts or Documents since early January on that account. I have spent 1hr on the phone with support and they were baffled as well. Only thing I can gove as insight to the problem is this, I was on the Mac Mini which was backed up on Time Machine. about 4 or 5 months ago I had to completley restore the Mac Mini becasue of the never ending circle on the load screen. The Backup failed to work it kept loading the issue and 4 or 5 times the circle of death kept coming up I would subsequently wipe the Mini and go further back in the back up until I go a copy that worked. I then loaded the Time Mache back up into my NEW iMac and wnet from there. It took about a month for this problem I am detailing above to start happening. It maybe a corrupt file loaded from the backup into the new iMac causing this problem. Best answer I can think of on my own???

Cannot Delete file iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.