Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-importing photos from iPhoto disc

I'm running iPhoto '11 (9.2.1), and I'm trying to re-import photos that I burned from iPhoto onto CD's a few years ago.

When I insert a disk, it will show up in iPhoto, with the generic name "iPhoto library," but it says "no photos" and "0 KB" of data. However, if I click on the disc directly, from the Finder, all of the information seems to be there, including the photos I want. I can drag them onto the desktop, etc.

Re-importing would be much easier if I could get iPhoto to recognize the disk--I could avoid dragging and dropping from all those confusing folders on the disk, and losing metadata (I gather). Any ideas on how to get the program to recognized the burned photos?

(I have 10 disks in all, 5 originals and 5 duplicates, and the problem exists on all of them.)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), mid-2011 i5

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:01 PM

6 replies

Jan 16, 2013 5:17 PM in response to Yer_Man

I think I'm just going to go ahead and reimport them manually. (I'm just glad to have these photos; I'd thought they were lost.) I tried dragging and dropping from the Finder to the iPhoto icon, but that seemed to import only thumbnails. Now I'm importing them via the "import" command in iPhoto, and that's working.

Re-importing photos from iPhoto disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.