Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I see my podcast art in iTunes Library?

I have a podcast in the iTunes store with artwork that - once I've subscribed to - doesn't show up in my library. (The artwork.) It shows as a generic podcast icon. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:54 PM

The image which appears in the Store page is referenced in the feed. However, the images which appear when an episode is selected after subscribing do not, but have to be actually embedded in the media file. This page gives a fuller explanation and a method for dealing with the situation:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/coverart.html

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2013 2:54 PM in response to bfairlee

The image which appears in the Store page is referenced in the feed. However, the images which appear when an episode is selected after subscribing do not, but have to be actually embedded in the media file. This page gives a fuller explanation and a method for dealing with the situation:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/coverart.html

Jan 16, 2013 3:40 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Makes sense. Hadn't thought to add artwork to the actual individual files before uploading. For my own present sanity, I just added our logo art manually to each downloaded episode (3 as of today) so at least I have it looking right in my own iTunes library. But in the future, I'll do the imbedding thing so it will work for everyone else. I thought since iTunes has a lag time on searchability and artwork with the original first podcast submission, this was just another thing waiting to resolve on it's own, but now I know it's another tiny step in the pre-upload process. Will definitely remember to add the art moving forward. Thanks!

Why can't I see my podcast art in iTunes Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.