Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

gmail does not work with Mountain Lion

Since I installed Mountain Lion, Gmail does not work properly. I still receive emails, but everytime I try to send an email through my gmail account a window opens and says:
"Cannot send message using the server smtp.gmail.com:myemail@gmail.com Sending the message content to the server failed. select a different outgoing mail servre from the list below or click Try later..."

Any way, the only smtp mail that works is my Icloud email. Exchange server works too. Yahoo does not work either.

I appreciate any insight to this problem.

Thanks

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 3:15 PM

3 replies

Jan 16, 2013 4:11 PM in response to st043

You likely have corrupted settings for your "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)" for each of the failed Accounts. Open Mail>go to Mail's Preferences>Accounts>select an Account in the left column to work on>then set up your Outgoing Mail Server which will INCLUDE resetting up your Password, as its asking you to. Click on "SMTP Outgoing Mail Server" near the bottom of the Accounts window while your mail account is highlighted in the left hand column. When you click on SMTP... you will see a drop down box icon offered at the right side of the line. Click it and then select at the bottom of the the list "Edit SMTP Mail Server". Fill in the required settings for your ISP mail account using their recommended settings.

gmail does not work with Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.