Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Titles "dim" image when they appear on screen

I am using iMovie HD 6.0.3, OS 10.6.8 and am having issues with title affects. When I add a title to a clip, the entire image "dims" or changes color slighty for the duration of the title. As soon as the title ends, the image returns to its original brightness. Any thoughts wold be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

J

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 3:55 PM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2013 1:38 PM in response to jrc362

I know this is 2 months old but it caught my eye when replying to another post of yours today.

I noticed brightness changes when applying transitions and I think my workaround will also fix your brightness change for titles.I have just given it a go and was successful.

Note this workaround will not fix what you have already done, only what you do in the future.

Open up iMovie 6 and put the transition called Circle Closing anywhere convenient, just the one will do.

With this transition selected, ie still coloured blue, go to EDIT and then CUT.

Now put your title or titles in where you want and it/ they should not change brightness.

The reason that I have not noticed this before for Titles is because I always do the above workaround for Transitions.

You only have to put in and remove the circle closing transition the once for this to work ie as soon as you open your project and before doing any editing.

Once you have done it you can forget about it for this open project.

If you close this project down and reopen it then you must do the "circle closing' routine again on reopening as it does not remember from the last time it was open.

Have you had any brightness changes for transitions in the past?

There has been hardly any mention of this phenomena on these discussions so can only assume that it is not a big issue. A bit surprised though.

Don't forget this will only fix what you do from now ,not what you have already done.

Would be interested to know if this works for you.

Titles "dim" image when they appear on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.