Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Had to restore iPhone 5, but I couldn't get my pictures and contacts that were backed up

Plugged my phone into my laptop to get the newest update and the next thing I know it's telling me there was an error and I need to restore my phone. So I did and everything was fine until I noticed under 'device name' it said Joe (which is my Dad's iPhone). So I didn't get any of my pictures, contacts etc. (or any of my Dad's either) And I don't know how to get it all back. And all of the information had been backed up onto the same laptop in late November when I got the phone. Help please!

iPhone 5

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:37 PM

1 reply

Jan 18, 2013 7:45 PM in response to Buckskin984

Hi Buckskin,

Hopefully you were able to get your information back already. But if not, do you know that you have made a backup of your device on your computer with iTunes or with iCloud?

You can check in iTunes to see if you have a backup by on a Mac going to iTunes>Preferences>Devices or on a PC go to Edit>Preferences>Devices.

Once here if you have a backup of your iPhone you will see your iPhone and time and date.

If there is one here you can just do a restore from backup which will be on the "Summary" page of your iPhone while it is plugged into the computer.

If you have been using iCloud as a backup, you will have to first go to Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings.

Then when it starts up it will ask you to restore from iCloud by signing in. I hope that helps.

John

Had to restore iPhone 5, but I couldn't get my pictures and contacts that were backed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.