Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is GarageBand taking forever to download?

Hey so I bought a new macbook pro (13 inch) online off of ebay. It is a 2012 edition(md101/lla). It didn't come with GarageBand all that so I had to go to the App Store and click on Purchases and install it from there. Now here's the problem. I opened it and got a window saying I don't have a complete installation of GarageBand and thus they have to bring things up-to-date and download the missing pieces. According to the progress bar, it says it will take 29 more hours although idk if I can depend on it cause at one point it will say about 26 hours ,then at another point it will say about 30 hours...

Why is this taking so long? Is this normal? Do I have to really wait this long? Is there anything I can do to speed this up? Btw i'm running on 10.8.2 if that helps.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:16 PM

There are no replies.

Why is GarageBand taking forever to download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.