Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Games using Directx 11 with windows bootcamp not working at all on new 15 Macbook Pro with retina.

Hey guys, Im really getting frustrated with this one. I just bought a new 15in with retina and installed windows to game a little on it. So basically games using Directx 11 with windows 7 bootcamp won't not work at all. The games load, but the moment Directx 11 takes over in the menus weird things start happening and the games are unplayable. I believe they all come down to a problem recognizing resolution but reinstalling my gpu driver has done nothing and im now at a loss. 2 games. Diablo III, the mouse doesn't show it moving and is just frozen, but moving the mouse around results in things highlighting even though the mouse on the screen is still frozen in one spot(I know diablo runs on mac but ive heard its better on pc). And Crysis 2, huge resolution issues, not going fullscreen properly, mouse again not moving. When I turned directx off in crysis (it has the option unlike diablo 3) everything started working smoothly. So I ask, what on earth is going on???

Thanks everyone!

Garrett

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), bootcamp using Windows 7 64bit

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:09 PM

4 replies

Jan 17, 2013 2:38 PM in response to dalstott

First, thank you for the response. Secondly, unfortunately, it did not work. My problem is a little different. Windows sees my graphics card, I can use the nvidia control panel and everthing. It always just comes down to a compatibility with directx 11. As soon as I turn directx off, everything starts acting normally. Its very confusing to me.

Jun 11, 2013 1:24 PM in response to bclay1

I did. Turns out it had nothing to do with the mbp or the graphics card but with windows itself. When I installed windows I played with the settings first to get the best quality image I could on the retina screen. In doing so, I changed a setting in control panel, appearance and personalization, then display to make the text larger (after changing the resolution to retina everything was extremely small so I tried this to compensate). Turns out this setting caused issues with dx11. Once I changed it back to default (smaller-100%) everything has been fine.

Games using Directx 11 with windows bootcamp not working at all on new 15 Macbook Pro with retina.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.