Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you stop Mail App from recovering deleted emails

I use Mail app to manage multiple email boxes. Whenever I send a message, it will fail and ask me to send through another server. If it fails, it will infinitely ask this question. Also when I cancel it, it will infinitely recover and try to send the message. Even when I delete the mail box, it will bring it back. That email address is now unusable through the mail app because it shows the spinning wheel and tries to send/recover the one deleted message over and over.

I have read on this forum that if you delete the invisible folder below, it will get rid of the problem

~/Library/Mail/IMAP-<username>@domain.tld@imap.domain.tld/.OfflineCache

Where is this folder? There is no folder in Library that is named "Mail". So I don't know what to do.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 2:04 AM

2 replies

Jan 17, 2013 2:46 AM in response to Jake_Russel

I am not sure about our initial problem, but I think you are looking in the /Library folder rather than the ~/Library folder.

if you wish to access your personal libray folder, with the mail sub-directory, go to Finder, and then hold the option key down while selecting the Go menu. Then select Library. You should see a Mail sub-directory there.

Jan 17, 2013 4:24 AM in response to RodneyW

I did what you said but there is no file with "OfflineCache". I even used spotlight and it cannot find a file named or containing "OfflineCache". I saw the recovery folder and deleated the email in there. But when I start up Mail app, nothing has changed. I even deleted all the cashe on my system using CleanApp (hope this doesn't mess up anything) and nothing has changed. I can't even use Mail App until this is fixed.

How do you stop Mail App from recovering deleted emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.