Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a LED Cinema Display Monitor 27'' with Windows 7 64bit ?

Can I use an Apple LED Cinema Display Monitor 27'' with my PC Running Windows 7 64bit ? I have a 4096Mb PCI-Ex GeForce GTX 690 Gigabyte GV-N690D5-4GD-B GDDR5, motherboard ASUS P9X79 Soc2011 iX79 DDR3 ATX SATA3 AC`97 8ch GbLAN RAID. Where can i find drivers for Windows 7 for Apple LED Cinema Display Monitor 27" ?

APPLE CINEMA MONITORS-OTHER, Windows 7, APPLE CINEMA MONITORS 27" Windows 7

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 5:16 AM

Looks like you've asked many months ago, but i will still respond for people who, like myself were looking for answer online.

-YES- You can connect Apple LED Cinema Display to GeForce 690 using the mini display port on the gfx card. I personally tested this and it works great. Sound works as well just plug in the screen's usb into pc. (just install AppleDisplay driver from BootCamp). To adjust brigthtness the best tool i found is this little program.

http://www.holstschumacher.dk/p/brightness-controller.html?showComment=138883920 8034 (and yes i scanned it for viruses and dr. web thinks that it's virus free).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2014 5:16 AM in response to Zaplatkin

Looks like you've asked many months ago, but i will still respond for people who, like myself were looking for answer online.

-YES- You can connect Apple LED Cinema Display to GeForce 690 using the mini display port on the gfx card. I personally tested this and it works great. Sound works as well just plug in the screen's usb into pc. (just install AppleDisplay driver from BootCamp). To adjust brigthtness the best tool i found is this little program.

http://www.holstschumacher.dk/p/brightness-controller.html?showComment=138883920 8034 (and yes i scanned it for viruses and dr. web thinks that it's virus free).

Feb 2, 2014 2:08 AM in response to h82w84iphone

Hello,

I am currently using an Apple 27" LED Cinema Display with my new ASUS G750 laptop, which comes with a Thunderbolt MiniDisplay port on the NVIDIA GTX765M card. I am running Windows 8 64-bit.

Most things work fine:

Video is awesome, can use both mirrored and extended modes.

Speakers, Microphone, and USB Hub all work when the Display's USB is plugged into a USB 3.0 port.

However, I cannot get the iSight webcam or Brightness adjustment to work. Both of these features would seem to require driver software.

In Device Manager, I get "Display iSight" with a yellow exclamation mark in two places: 'Imaging Devices' and 'Other Devices'. Windows naturally attempts to apply a generic USB Webcam driver to iSight, but it doesn't work. Brightness can be controlled through NVIDIA Control Panel, but going in to those settings is tedious, and it does not really affect true monitor brightness: Brightness should be hardware-controlled.

I have been reading everywhere that Bootcamp users (on a Mac) use special Apple drivers from an OSX dvd, but for someone like me who only bought the Cinema Display and is running Windows natively, where can I find proper drivers??

Thanks in advance!

Nov 20, 2016 7:11 AM in response to h82w84iphone

Thank you for this useful link! I am considering buying a second hand version of this monitor for my PC and want to know, can you adjust the monitor colour settings at all from your PC? Like colour temperature, whitepoint. contrast and colour profile? ... Or perhaps you know if you can plug this in to a MAC, make the changes and then plug it back into a PC and the changes stay in affect? Many thanks for your insight.

Can I use a LED Cinema Display Monitor 27'' with Windows 7 64bit ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.