Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems importing movies from aperture 3

Hi, I have some videoclips in my aperture library. When I drag a videoclip form within the mediabrowser in fcpx, the clip turns up, but the video is all black, no sound either. The tumbnail of the video shows uo though in the timeline. I tried to copy the file form aperture to the desktop, and then import it to fcpx, but it all turns up black.

I even tried from within aperture 3 to edit with final cut pro x, but then I het an error code that states that fcpx cannot open files in the quicktime movie format.

I have used to just drag directly from the mediabrowser in fcpx before, without any problems, so I don´t understand why it doesn´t work anymore. Here are the specs of the file.

Any help would be appreciated. User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 1:14 AM

10 replies

Jan 17, 2013 6:45 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I now tried something new. I dragged the file from aperture to desktop- quicktime wouldnt open it, and fcpx neither. Then I rightclicked the file and used the command "perform coding of highlighted videofile" (diirect translation from norwegian). I chose apple pro res in the drop down menu, and now I can both view the file in quicktimeplayer, and import and edit it in fcpx.

I wished there would be an easier way though.

problems importing movies from aperture 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.