Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Built in speakers not working, no red light, 2011 MacBook Pro 15''.

I have been having audio issues with my computer ever since I upgraded to Mountian lion, internal speakers are not an option in sound settings. the volume indicator appears grey not black and sound is not adjustable. I am guessing Software issue because there is sound on my windows side. After looking at some crash reports and deleting unnessesairy files that could conflict. I saw some crash reports for coreaudiod and so i ran "open coreaudiod" in terminal (location usr>>sbin) came up with error "Exiting due to uncaught exception in main". I am not sure if this has anything to do with the issue, but it would be great if anyone could steer me in the right direction, or fix the problem entirely. User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 2:14 AM

Hmm. Try rebooting your Mac into "safe" mode (hold the shift key down while you restart).

Does it work while booted in safe mode? Then try rebooting, and test again.

4 replies

Built in speakers not working, no red light, 2011 MacBook Pro 15''.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.