Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac keeps switching to the desktop when I am in a program without me swiping the mouse, My mac keeps switching to the desktop when I am in a program without me swiping the mouse

Does anyone know why, all of a sudden my mac keeps switching to the desktop when I am in program without me swiping the mouse?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 5:30 AM

9 replies

Jan 18, 2013 1:49 AM in response to Linc Davis

No I dont have more than one space open in mission contro; - but I think that I have now solved the problem and that it may be something to do with the hide/view button/arrows on the top LHS corner of the screen which hides the dock and the menu bar at the top of the screen

I clicked this to bring the menu bar back to the top of the screen - i.e. normal view and the screen has stopped switching to the desktop.

Jan 18, 2013 2:14 AM in response to Jillykins

Interesting. I'm with Lion, not Mountain Lion but I can't see that it should be the cause unless with mountain Lion there is that differenc with control that you mention. With previous OSs that I've used I can't remember it being the cae of controlling other than the Dock drop down menu and I'd like to be enlightened before I ever try Mountain Lion.

My mac keeps switching to the desktop when I am in a program without me swiping the mouse, My mac keeps switching to the desktop when I am in a program without me swiping the mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.