Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nintendo 3DS not connecting during online games to Macbook Pro or Airport Express Network. Please Help.

I would love to post this question to the Nintendo Support forums, but I'm abroad right now and it seems I am denied from the forums if I try to log in.

My Nintendo 3DS's internet features all work perfectly fine except when it comes down to directly playing a match with other users. For example, Mario Kart 7 will download Spot pass data like normal every day, but everytime I tray to play a match online, the software gives me an error. Same thing when I try to connect with people on Animal Crossing: New Leaf. My previous linksys router back in the states worked fine. The security was WEP I remember. Now I've got myself an Airport express and neither it nor my Macbook Pro (when sharing is turned on) will permit me direct online access to other users like I stated above. I even disabled security and went with an open network for a few minutes and was faced with the same exact problem.

I know this is very specific and mainly involves a none apple product, but I'm just curious what is different about the Apple wireless networks I'm setting up that is preventing me from nothing but direct realtime interactions with other users.

Any advice or knowledge about Apple security or wireless networks would really help me out. There are only so many settings I can tweak in the Airport Express so I'm sure it can't be too difficult, but I don't even know where to start.

AirPort Express 802.11N (2nd generation), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 5:01 AM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2013 10:08 PM in response to WhiteTurnips

I guess it's a problem with NAT (Network Address Translation). My ISP is Vectant Ltd. so maybe I should get a hold of them. If anyone has any work arounds that maybe they used with other game consoles (Xbox Live, PSN), I could really use the suggestion. I really like the Airport express and assumed it would be compatible, but I guess not.

Nintendo 3DS not connecting during online games to Macbook Pro or Airport Express Network. Please Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.