Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro turns off instantly, charger sparkles.

MB Pro (Early 2011) turns off instantly if I move my charger cable or touch magnetic DC connector (L-type). I can also hear connector sparkle, when moving it. It started happening recently and now it's getting on my nerves, especially if I forget to save a project (because I would have to start all over again). I've read a lot of topics on this problem, but haven't found the exact circumstances.

It would be grateful if somebody explained me the reason and suggested a solution for this issue.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 6:26 AM

8 replies

Jan 10, 2014 8:04 PM in response to Eugene OMC

i know this is a year old, but did you ever figure out what the problem was? my mid 2010 macbook pro is doing this... a lot, but only as of recently. I use it a lot, but recently it has just started to move a lot slower, and has been doing things like this, it will not go into sleep mode( will go dark then come back on while closed), pinwheel of death etc..

anyway, it shut down 4 times in an hour the other day. its as if my charger stops working (the light wil go off) and at the same time my computer will crash. i dont know what is causeing it.. i also have the service battery warning, if that has anything to do with it.

any ideas of what the problem is? or of a solution....?

MacBook Pro turns off instantly, charger sparkles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.