Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 802.1X PEAP Authentication problem (With profile from IPCU)

Hi!

I'm in the processes of setting up a new wireless network for a costumer.

A little info about the hardware:

Cisco WLC 5508

Cisco AP 2602i

Cisco ISE - radius server

ipads gen 4 (iOS 6)

EAP-TLS (windows machines) and PEAP (Other stuff, ipads, andriod etc) as authentications methods

The radius server is using a server certificate from thier own PKI infrastructure therefor i need to push the root certificate of their CA to the clients in order to verify the authentication server. For this I use the iphone/ipad configuration utility.

I use the Use Per-connection password option

User that are allowed to connect are placed in a specific group in there AD.

The problem that I have is:

When a user thats not allowed to connect tries to authenticate to the network the ipad says stop and thats the way it supposed to be.

BUT after someone has faild to authenticate to the network and somebody else tries to connect the ipad only ask for a password and not a username.

I cant seem to get rid of this popup and therefor the ipad cant connect.

If I don't use the profile I can forget about the network and after that i can connect with a different user.

But then i can't verify the server-certificate and use the option per-connection password!

Please help!

Has someone else seen this type of bug.

//Simon

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 7:24 AM

There are no replies.

Ipad 2 802.1X PEAP Authentication problem (With profile from IPCU)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.