Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 vibration: New message received and phone vibrates too much. Plays the message tone 3-5 times

Basically what the title says. I get a new text message and the phone vibrates too much and then plays the message tone more than once. I don't mean the repeated notifications, I mean in one go. And when I sync it with iTunes, it seems to work fine for a while and then it goes back to normal again. I noticed that while it is connected to the computer, if I get a message, it works fine. What do you suggest I do and does anyone else have the same problem? I am using iOS 6.0.2. Would a restore help???

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 7:32 AM

3 replies

Jan 18, 2013 12:20 AM in response to safari rss

No, no. You don't understand me. That is for the alert to repeat after 2mins. My problem is that at the instant I get a message, the phone vibrates indiscriminately and if on the normal mode, it repeatedly plays the message tone too. I know it should with the vibrate pattern but mine is a custom pattern that vibrates twice, in very quick succession. Moreover, the vibration is all random and it takes a while for the message notification to appear on the lock screen too.

iPhone 5 vibration: New message received and phone vibrates too much. Plays the message tone 3-5 times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.