Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Technician Article HT4766: Lion Server: Installing Lion Server on a blank volume

I am (re)installing Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion Server on my workplace Mac Mini Server (2011 model). The articles all seem to be broken up and scattered, it is very difficult to find a straightforward workflow from start to finish. I have run internet recovery (opt+cmd+R) and am at the user creation screen, and have entered the desired username and password. It is asking about whether to allow remote administration at the bottom of that window, and I need to be clear on whether that should be checked or not, or if checking it might interfere with the proper operation of the AST diagnostic gateway. I need all the steps in one place, I should not have to click a hundred links to get the full install procedure. The articles that I have found seem to indicate I must install Lion server tools after installing Lion, BUT on the Mac Mini Server, the installer knows it is a server from the get-go and has different up-front setup options than the articles describe.

Perhaps I have not found the correct article yet, and what I need IS out there, and if so, could somebody point me to the correct page? Keep in mind this is a Apple-certified-technician-only article that I am looking for, with the proper login credentials required to view the page.

Mac mini, OS X Server, Diagnostic Gateway for running AST

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 8:13 AM

There are no replies.

Technician Article HT4766: Lion Server: Installing Lion Server on a blank volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.