Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrade to OS X Lion

I just bought a new mac, but mountain lion is incompatible with most professional DAWs for recording, and I need to get back to Lion. How can I do this without spending money DOWNGRADING?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2012 Macbook Pro

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 9:17 AM

8 replies

Jan 19, 2013 11:17 AM in response to mende1

This is not an adequate solution. I purchased the Mac FOR recording with the latest version of ProTools 10, and was under the understanding from the Apple associate I purchased the machine from that this machine upgrade from my former OS X 10.3 would be for the best.

I find it unlikely that the latest products from Apple would be completely uncompatible with the professional recording industry standard without any sort of downgrade workaround at least for a 6 months while Avid gets their software up to par.

Software upgrading is not an option at this time, and if this were the only solution, I'm confident that Avid, as the industry leading standard in audio, would have a compatible update by now that would enable stable use of the latest Apple products if no workaround existed.

I have an appointment at a store today, and we'll have to see what they come up with for me.

Jan 19, 2013 11:18 AM in response to Kappy

This is not an adequate solution. I purchased the Mac FOR recording with the latest version of ProTools 10, and was under the understanding from the Apple associate I purchased the machine from that this machine upgrade from my former OS X 10.3 would be for the best.

I find it unlikely that the latest products from Apple would be completely uncompatible with the professional recording industry standard without any sort of downgrade workaround at least for a 6 months while Avid gets their software up to par.

Software upgrading is not an option at this time, and if this were the only solution, I'm confident that Avid, as the industry leading standard in audio, would have a compatible update by now that would enable stable use of the latest Apple products if no workaround existed.

I have an appointment at a store today, and we'll have to see what they come up with for me.

Downgrade to OS X Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.