4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 7:33 AM by OlafMeding
OlafMeding Level 1 (10 points)

Is there a way to show a status or progress indication when doing a Mailbox > Get All New Mail or when pressing the "Get new messages in all accounts" toolbar button?  I have several POP accounts and there is no indication that anything is happing unless there are new emails.

I am using the latest Mountain Lion release on a Mac Pro.  Snow Leopard and also iOS 6 do show in indication that Mail is busy fetching emails.

Thanks much for your insight and help.

Olaf

• safari rss Level 2 (410 points)

You have two options to view activity in Mail:

In the menu bar, click "Window" > "Activity", which will display any incoming or outging activity

If the sidebar is hidden, click the "Show" text toward the top left of the window. When the sidebar appears, there may be a small panel that looks like this at the bottom of the sidebar: Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 1.07.32 PM.png

If that is not shown, click the circled button: Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 1.07.38 PM.png

• OlafMeding Level 1 (10 points)

Is there a way to dock the Activity window?  Thanks for pointing this out, that is what I am looking for (but not as a seperate window).

Olaf

• safari rss Level 2 (410 points)

The second set of steps is as close to that as you can get with Mail. The Mail Activity viewer is always showing in the sidebar, but it is part of the Mail window.

• OlafMeding Level 1 (10 points)

Again, what I don't like is that if I click the get mail toolbar button nothing seems to happen if there is no new mail.  This is a step backwards in Mountain Lion.

Olaf