Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Second Monitor Doesn't Work In Bootcamp, Does Anyone Know What Is Wrong?

Hi

When I bootup my Windows partition, the second monitor seems to work fine, right up until the point where I input my password and log into Windows.

I am using a mini display to VGA adaptor.

I've looked at multiple threads around the internet of people claiming that their monitors are not working correctly when in Bootcamp. Most of the issues are resolved by installed updated drivers etc, I've tried to install the latest drivers for my iMac, and the monitor still isn't responding.

I've tried all the different resolutions for my second monitor and I get a responce on 800x600, the desktop flashes up for a second and then it disappears and stops working again.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue, or is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Second monitor: LG Flatron W2246

iMac: 27" 2011 version

GFX Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M

Windows: 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate

iMac, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 10:11 AM

3 replies

Jan 17, 2013 10:13 AM in response to Rememdium

Rememdium wrote:

Hi

When I bootup my Windows partition, the second monitor seems to work fine, right up until the point where I input my password and log into Windows.

I am using a mini display to VGA adaptor.

I've looked at multiple threads around the internet of people claiming that their monitors are not working correctly when in Bootcamp. Most of the issues are resolved by installed updated drivers etc, I've tried to install the latest drivers for my iMac, and the monitor still isn't responding.

It doesn't matter that you tried, unless you succeeded, did you?

Jan 17, 2013 10:22 AM in response to Csound1

I use the AMD auto detect software and it is returning an error message.

"AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer.

Your computer does not contain a proper graphics adapter."

So after I could not find the right drivers, I installed the AMD Catalyst Control Center and this was no help either.

My Second Monitor Doesn't Work In Bootcamp, Does Anyone Know What Is Wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.