Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting UID attribute in Directory Utility does not get the correct attribute from active directory

I have recently acquired an iMac which I would like to authenticate to my Windows Active Directory domain. I have gone through the Directoy Services setup and have connected to the domain. However, our AD domain uses the Identity Management for Unix tool to enable Unix attributes for objects, so I need to obtain a different attribute for the UID and GID. It seems that the Directory Utility mappings to get a user UID and GID and the group GID do not get the attributes from Active Directory properly.

Thanks,

Jim

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 10:53 AM

1 reply

Setting UID attribute in Directory Utility does not get the correct attribute from active directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.