Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Manager login says "server not found" on clients

I have my ML server (Server v2.2) up and running, properly configured where everything but the Profile Manager seems to be working. File sharing, VPN, web pages, wiki...all work just fine. However....

I am trying to configure the Profile Manager to be functionall. Seems to be working on the server machine just fine. I can access the user profile page and the profile manager web page off the links from the Server app just fine. However, I can't do so on the clients.

If on a client system (on the same local network) I enter https://server.abc.private, I do get the login screen. I enter the correct info and click login. However, I then get taken to a blank page indicating the server can not be found. Totally confused.

I am able to access both locally and through the Internet my web site and wiki setup on the server. VPN and login over finder for file sharing as I said work fine and locally as well as through the internet, file sharing works fine. I can log into the server no problem. Just can't seem to get to it through the web based profile manager system.

Even if on a broswer I just type http://server.abc.private, I get a server not found error. However, if I type the Ineternet domain name I have point to it, I get my web page pulled up just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 3:21 PM

As it turned out, I just needed to change the name of my server to the same domain name I was using externally. I did also have to change the certificate it was using, as it crated a new one once I changed the server name. Now it works fine.

1 reply

Profile Manager login says "server not found" on clients

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.