4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 12:47 PM by Niku
Niku Level 2 (285 points)

From left to right, the ports on my iMac are as follows: (1) Headphones out/optical digital audio out port, (2) Audio In/Optical digital audio in port, (3) Four USB 2.0 ports, (4) Firewire 800 port, (5) Mini display port, (6) Ethernet port (10/100/1000 Base T), Is there a way to wirelessly connect my iMaC to a TV? If so, how?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)
  • mende1 Level 10 (92,176 points)

To connect the iMac wirelessly to the TV, you need an Apple TV and AirParrot, as your Mac isn't compatible with AirPlay Mirroring > http://www.airparrot.com

This application will stream your Mac onto the Apple TV wirelessly. If you don't have an Apple TV, it's so expensive, so you should connect the computer wired to the TV

• Niku Level 2 (285 points)

Unless some knowledgable person can contradict you, and I'm hoping that there is such a person, that's that. It's just not practical to connect my computer to my TV with a wire. However, since I think you're right I'll have to give you a "This helped me" grade, dammit!

• mende1 Level 10 (92,176 points)

The Apple TV is the only way to stream your computer wirelessly, so buy it and use AirParrot on the iMac

• Niku Level 2 (285 points)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I suspect that you're not prepared to help me with the finances.