Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X - Import Fail While Recording with Canon HV30

I've just made the switch from iMovie 11. I am attempting to record and import at the same time into an event on Final Cut Pro X. The camera is connected to my Macbook Pro. Final Cut Pro X>File>Import>Media produces the desired result as far as the Canon HV30 appears as a camera found. When I click on >Import I am presented with the add to existing or create a new event, I have tried both options. There is a brief indication that there is importing going on only because the rectagular box says as much but within 2 or 3 seconds the message says, "Camera Not Controllable."

and there I am stuck.

Regards,

John

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 12:56 PM

6 replies

Jan 17, 2013 3:45 PM in response to mastersuntzuca

I've tried setting the camera (Canon HV30) in HD normal/24/30 and none work. However, DV normal and wide both work. Also, FWIW, based on another thread I deleted two files com.apple.FinalCut.plist and com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist. Didn't work though. The internal camera is recognized and FCPX captures no problem. I also tried via iMovie11. Once again no problems. I am capturing directly to the internal hard drive of the lap top. I am running OSX 10.8.2 and FCPX 10.0.07. - John

Final Cut Pro X - Import Fail While Recording with Canon HV30

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.