Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I de;ete multiple pictures based on keywords

I have a few thoousand duplicates which I have marked with the keyword "dupicate". Now I want to delete them based on that. How do I do it ?

Also, I sell on Ebay and take pictures of the items. What's the best way to get the pictures into the sales description rather than exporting to the desktop, or dragging to the desktop, and then dragging to the ebay app ?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 5:08 PM

5 replies

Jan 17, 2013 6:27 PM in response to capwalker666

Select the container "Flagged" from the Library tab of the Inspector

Select all Images.

Remove the flags. (Flagging is a very useful _ad hoc_ way to group Images. It should not be used otherwise.)

Select the "Photos" container -- it's near the top of the Library tab of the Inspector.

Filter for Keyword "dupicate" (sic).

Select all Images.

Flag them.

Select the container "Flagged" from the Library tab of the Inspector.

Select all Images

Send them to the Aperture Trash

Select the Aperture Trash

Right-click and empty the Aperture Trash

Empty your system Trash.

Why use flags?

It's not needed here -- but it's an excellent practice to make habitual. Smart Albums, and, to a lesser extent, filters, are "live". Any time you are changing the status of many Images, it is better to use a temporary but static grouping. Flags are perfect.

Create Previews for the containers you use in the image size you need. Drag directly to the Ebay app?

Jan 17, 2013 7:25 PM in response to capwalker666

The User Manual is really quite good -- it is always my first resource.

About the Filter HUD

When viewing the Browser, click the button with the dark magnifying glass just left of the search field in the top border at the right hand side of the Browser pane.

• Click "Add rule".
  • Select "Keywords"
  • Check the box in the Keywords rule
  • Select "Include any of the following"
  • While holding "{Option}", check the box next to the keyword you want to use as a filter. (Holding the modifier key makes sure that the checked keyword is the only keyword selected.)
  • Click the black"x" in the white circle at the top left of the Filter HUD to close the HUD. Your filter is still active.

How do I de;ete multiple pictures based on keywords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.