Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone5 won't remember home network on iOS6.02

Trying to put this post were many folks will see it and find it useful; don't know, but I am hopeful.

Not sure where the best place to put this post and I can't find the comment I read last night where the guy said that Apple Tech Support told him to change his SSID on his router to something other than the default (mine was... NETGEAR), but F**k Me and bless his little head, that SSID change solved my problem. I have been suffering with horrible speed and inability to remember my home connection for months now since I got my iPhone5 and changing my SSID to a non-default name fixed the problem? Tell me that this doesn't mean that some Apple programmer wrote some kind of routine not to fail, but to impede smooth operation when common default names for router SSID's were encountered? When I came home tonight... boom, my phone remembered my home network... no problem; first time since I've had the phone. Before I looked to see what was going on, I said to myself that the SSID change I made can't have been the answer.... F**k Me!

My next phone is going to be an Android!!!

Really, Peace Out!

the real ozone42 😉

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 3:56 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone5 won't remember home network on iOS6.02

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.