Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Updates Repeat

Ever since I upgraded to Mountain Lion and its new Software Update process I have exprienced some programs that Software Update wants to update again and again. Currently, the three that the software wants to install multiple times are: Angry Birds, 3.0; Growl 2.0.1; and Pimp your Screen 1.6. Previously software installed BusyCal 2.0.2 three times. This problem occurs on my iMac and MacBook Pro. They both run Mountain Lion.

I don't know if Apple is having problems with third party apps in its store or there is something on my Macs that is not right, like a plist, that is causing Software Update not to recognize that it previously installed the programs.

Has anyone else experience this issue? If so, what was the fix? I called Apple once about it but the problem seems to go away for awhile. It is back now.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Jay

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 7:11 PM

2 replies

Software Updates Repeat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.