Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI Adapter

I just bought an HDMI MiniDisplay adapter for my Macbook Pro. Whenever I plug the hdmi cord into the tv the computer screen flashes blue, however nothing shows up on the tv. All it says is "Unsupported Signal. Please check output signal." Please can someone help me because I spent a lot of money on this thing. And don't bother talking about going to System Preferences>Display because I already tried that and it didn't work. I also tried using different input signals and it just says the same thing.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 6:34 PM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2013 11:03 AM in response to jkratman

Aparently Apple's software "chats" with the HDMI connector or whatever external device you are connected to. So using the same Macbook Pro from 2011 I set out to get my external screen and projector working with my laptop. Unfortunately, it randomly disconnected and displayed on either one or both screens a blue screen prior to continuing operation or disconnecting completely.

HOWEVER, when I use the Windows 7 OS I have bootcamped this connection works without a problem. I have 2 adaptors that I purchased online for ~10-20$ and they both work fine on the Windows side.

I know this doesn't help much, but if I find the article regarding the way that Apple handles this connection on the software side I will repost here.

HDMI Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.