Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 6.02 doesnt recognize my old mac.com account

just upgraded to iphone 5 and new ios. tried setting up my email account (mac.com) and it wont recognize it. any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 9:00 PM

6 replies

Jan 17, 2013 9:05 PM in response to WildflourAnn

In case the link above doesn't work:

Can I still use my mac.com ID as an Apple ID?

If you signed up for .Mac before July 11, 2008, and also had an active account after July 11th, 2008, then your mac.com ID will still work as an Apple ID for purchases on the iTunes Store, Apple Online Store, and to purchase Apple print products created with iPhoto or Aperture. You can continue to use your mac.com ID or your new me.com ID as an Apple ID (both names access the same account).

NOTE: If your MobileMe or .Mac account has expired, you should change the email address associated with the Apple ID. See Expired user names still valid for other services for more information.

Jan 17, 2013 9:09 PM in response to sberman

I can still get onto itunes but the email icon (icloud) says I have to have an icloud account. I understood all my MobileMe or .mac accounts were interchangeable. But...in trying to set it up...it won't all the MobileMe or .mac. It says I have to have an icloud account. So....when I try signing in with icloud.com...it says its already taken (my other accounts have ported). Kind of perplexing...

ios 6.02 doesnt recognize my old mac.com account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.