5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 2:53 PM by Jimzgoldfinch
Sam Beaver Level 1 Level 1

cant drag songs i want into another playlist without two windows cause im stupid. please help. want to drags artists and albuns into a playlist, i have a keyboard and a mouse, and trackball.

it needs to act like a finder?

iMac, imac, macpro, macbook, ipad, ect.
  • Steve Taylor1 Level 5 Level 5

In the new look iTunes 11

Select your Album, Artist Song etc drag to the RIGHT and a window will open showing your devices and playlists. Drop it on the one you want to add it to.

Or revert to the old look and feel

View > Show Sidebar

View > Show Status Bar

Click on the arrow in search box and untick Search Entire Library

You can now drag and drop to the LEFT where you will see your devices and Playlists. You can also drag  playlists to the device

• Sam Beaver Level 1 Level 1

i want to have one window that shows the results in the search field, select from that choice and drop into a window which contains a playlist.

the search menu should work like a finder so i don t have to go from one choice (artist, album, ect) to the second option.

right clicking the dropdowns does not allow the same options as the right click in the sidebar

so i need two windows in itunes.

• Jimzgoldfinch Level 5 Level 5

Hi,

You do not need two windows to move search results to a playlist.

Existing playlists show in the sidebar and you can select all the tracks that you want to that playlist. If you want a new playlist you can create one by selecting all tracks required and ctrl click and select option from pop up box.

Jim

• Sam Beaver Level 1 Level 1

yes i do.

no you can't.

the tracks i want are in the search field, i want another window to drag those into a new playlist window. If i have to separately drag them, i have to drag them several levels playlists down. two windows is most efficient work method.

• Jimzgoldfinch Level 5 Level 5

Hi,

I agree that two windows would be more efficient and I trust Apple reintroduce this in their next update.

However, I'll re-iterate that you can drag search results in song view to an existing playlist.

Jim