Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wlan connection fails

Hello Community

I need to operate a iPad in a WLAN network were no internet connection is available. There is only a router, a printer and my ipad. The security denys a internet connection. So, the iPad connects to the WLAN and after a few seconds the connection to the wlan drops. I tried several times. I use IOS 6.0.1.

The thing is if I connect the router to a internet conection the with the same configuration and the same hardware the wlan connection is ok and stays up.

Anyone else has this problem or does anyone has a soluton?

Best Regards

Dominique

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 1:30 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2013 4:23 PM in response to hoefi_eu

I ran into this issue a couple of years ago when we had a very strict internet policy. I worked with Apple and Cisco on the issue and basically found the resolution on my own.

Baically, Apple/iOS devices will need to check in with Apple when connecting to Wi-Fi.

We had apple.com blocked on our strict Wi-Fi network and the iPads would connect and when we attempt to use the Wi-Fi, it would drop out. After a week or so of troubleshooting, we saw the website block logs and there were thousands of hits being blocked.

If you have no internet at that site, I do not know how you can get it to work. Possibly if you use an internal DNS server and make all apple.com requests hit an internal site. If I recall, it was just hitting a dummy webpage with a mesage on it like "Success"

Wlan connection fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.