Skip navigation

Wlan connection fails

183 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 6, 2013 4:23 PM by Cis456 RSS
hoefi_eu Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 18, 2013 1:30 AM

Hello Community

I need to operate a iPad in a WLAN network were no internet connection is available. There is only a router, a printer and my ipad. The security denys a internet connection. So, the iPad connects to the WLAN and after a few seconds the connection to the wlan drops. I tried several times. I use IOS 6.0.1.

The thing is if I connect the router to a internet conection the with the same configuration and the same hardware the wlan connection is ok and stays up.

Anyone else has this problem or does anyone has a soluton?

Best Regards

Dominique

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6
  • Cis456 Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 6, 2013 4:23 PM (in response to hoefi_eu)

I ran into this issue a couple of years ago when we had a very strict internet policy.  I worked with Apple and Cisco on the issue and basically found the resolution on my own. 

Baically, Apple/iOS devices will need to check in with Apple when connecting to Wi-Fi.

We had apple.com blocked on our strict Wi-Fi network and the iPads would connect and when we attempt to use the Wi-Fi, it would drop out.  After a week or so of troubleshooting, we saw the website block logs and there were thousands of hits being blocked. 

If you have no internet at that site, I do not know how you can get it to work.  Possibly if you use an internal DNS server and make all apple.com requests hit an internal site.  If I recall, it was just hitting a dummy webpage with a mesage on it like "Success"

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.