Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages and iCloud

I have Pages set to save to iCloud. I saved a document yesterday to an iCloud Pages folder, and it is not showing up on my IOS devices. When I check on my iMac, in Pages the new document shows up in the correct iCloud folder but instead of a underlying date it says "waiting". When I check on line in iCloud the document is not showing up there.

Ther is no breakdown in my internet access, and other updates on Calendar, Mail, Contacts seem to be working normally. The Apple report on iCloudd shows all services are working normally.

Why is my document not being transmitted?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 3:49 AM

12 replies

Jan 18, 2013 4:11 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I removed the document to the desktop and then reposted it in Icloud - still says "Waiting". I then created a new document and saved this to iCloud, and tis again says "waitying".

I have Numbers as well. I have created a test spreadsheet and posted this to iCloud, and the same "waiting' message is there.

Is there a problem with the iWork suite?

Jan 20, 2013 6:36 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I have just done this. It wipes all iWork documents from the iMac, but, as they were nearly all on iCloud, I backed up those that were not in the cloud, and went ahead as you suggested.

After the restart and re-enabling the Mac sync, all the document names in Pages, KeyNote, and Numbers appear, but now they are all waiting to download, and no apparent download is happening. They are all still on my iPad and iPhone of course.

It seems to me that iCloud is not currently syncing iWork documents. Calendars and Contacts are syncing, but Notes is also problematic.

Any advice?

Jan 21, 2013 6:51 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi,

I've been having the same problem. I can upload from the iPad to iCloud, but then that document will not go from Pages back up to either iCloud or the iPad.

The problem is between the Apps on the desktop and the cloud. I've tried deleting the Mobile Documents/Pages folder, re-starting etc, as described in another thread, but this has no effect.

Strangely, I can't delete the whole Mobile Documents folder for some reason -- Finder hangs if I try doing this.

Any help from anyone very appreciated, since this is the whole reason I just bought Pages; that is, to sync.

Thanks

Pages and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.