1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2014 7:03 AM by rotjex3
WER36sdf Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

ipod

• 1. Re: iPod
    pvonk Level 6 Level 6 (13,685 points)

Yes??

• 2. Re: iPod
    1004blueAppleSupportCommunties Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

Where did you bought? Is it new iPod Touch or iPod Touch 4th Generation, or something iPod like classic, shuffle, and nano.

• 3. Re: iPod
    doglova12 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Is this a question?

• 4. Re: iPod
    Junior2807 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

yes

• 5. Re: iPod
    jfv8221 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

yes, my 8 year old son forgot password and tried several times to remeber it, unsuccessfully and the unit read disabled and connect to itunes, but when connected to itunes it read unit locked and was unable to process

• 6. Re: iPod

any help?

• 7. Re: iPod

ipod touch

• 8. Re: iPod
    randers4 Level 9 Level 9 (57,225 points)

If it was never synced with iTunes on the computer you connected it to you would get the warning message below.  If it was synced to a different computer while this passcode was set on it, connect it to that computer instead, then follow the directions listed under "If you have previously synced your device with iTunes" at the bottom of this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212.

Otherwise, you will have to place it in recovery mode to restore it, then restore it to an existing backup if you have one.  If you don't, you will lose all data on the device except what is available in your iTunes library to sync back to it.  To do this, follow the directions listed under "If you have never synced your device with iTuens".

Locked with passcode alert.png

• 9. Re: iPod

figured it out thx

• 10. Re: iPod
    nimi756 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

lost the password what i do

• 11. Re: iPod
    angie-n-ohio Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello. How did you figure this issue out when your iPod was disabled b/c of your password?  Please help!! Thanks so much!!

angie

• 12. Re: iPod

The solutions to that are listed in blue at the bottom of this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212.  If you can, use the one listed under "If you have previously synced your device with iTunes".

• 13. Re: iPod
    angie-n-ohio Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello randers4-

thanks for you help a little while ago with my ipod touch.  But it still isn't working.  The notice from itunes is the same re: the password as you state above.  I have worked on this for hours and the same thing keeps happing.... and the screen is the same as before... iPod is disabled connect to itunes... What am I doing wrong?

I am going through each step very carefully! Any other insight you may have??

• 14. Re: iPod

Did you place it in recovery mode to restore it?  Sometime you need to do this a number of times before it will be successful.

1 2 Previous Next