Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound????

The sound card is suddenly not showing on my Mac book Pro (Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63))

There was a continuous beeping sound and after restart there was no sound what so ever.. even the volume icon is greyed out and in the system preference there are no audio devices showing in input or output..

I was told that the hardware is functional as when I tried booting with another harddrive the sound works fine..

So I am assuming that its a software issue.. Will restoring to a previous backup in TIME MACHINE help solve sofware issues???

Do i need to reinstall the OS and if so how do i do so???

PLEASE HELPP!!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 6:45 AM

3 replies

Jan 18, 2013 7:32 AM in response to Hena Bolar

A TM restore would probably work but it could be from something new you introduced to the system?

Good that it works as expected from an external. What happens in a fresh user account or in your Guest account?

If it works in another account, then you could troubleshoot your user by going to ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio. AudioMIDISetup.plist and delete that file, then restart.

* Go to your Finder "Go" menu hold the option key to choose (~) "Library"

no sound????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.