Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run multiple web sites on my Mac mini server?

I am running a web site on my Mac mini and would like to run a second independent site. I am running dynamic dns through no-ip.com and know that I can buy a second domain and direct it to my system. I can set up the files for the site on my system. I just need to know how to direct site requests to the second site instead of the first.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 7:17 AM

2 replies

Jan 18, 2013 8:16 AM in response to bmoorehome

I found this to be easy, but I am not sure it's a standard way of doing it: I use godaddy for domain names and forward those to specific ports on the server. I also have MAMP Pro installed on the mini that handles mysql and all that gorp. Then under Server / Web Server I've identified where all the websites are, and which port they belong to. Seems to work great! Cheers,

coocoo

Jan 18, 2013 9:52 AM in response to bmoorehome

Are you using Mac OS X Server?

If so, this is trivial - just use Server.app to create a new Site (Server.app -> Web -> + button).

In the new site's configuration, enter the hostname that maps to this site.

Rinse, repeat for as many sites you require. Apache will look to the hostname of the incoming request to work out which site configuration to use.

Can I run multiple web sites on my Mac mini server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.