Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete/remote printer per computer?

Hi,

We are having a problem.

Situation : We have a Mac server on 10.6.8 tight to AD. We have about 1000 Mac clients connected to it. We push printers to them via that server (bonjour, IP and Windows).

Problem : when we want to remove/delete a printer from the list of available printers for a specific group, that won't work. It's deleted on the server, it's not there anymore, but the users still has it. I made lots of research on that, but the community is so small that I can't find an answer. I spent lots of hours already on trying to find a solution by myself by tweaking Cups and see with a script how I'll manage that.

Question : why when we delete a printersfrom the server that action is not sent to the users. To me, it's a bug and a good one.

The only solution right now for us when a printer needs to be remove is to go in each and every single computers. Which is not acceptable and that's the reason why we bought a Mac Server; to have a much as we can automated and I can tell you guys that Apple left the IT admin behind on many points. Many of the little feature that should work like : "Allow user to modify the printer list".. not working..

Thanks for your help!

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 7:31 AM

There are no replies.

How to delete/remote printer per computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.