Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send or receive mail after comcast blocked port 25

Recently Comcast/Xfinity blocked port 25 on all residential connections. Since that time, I have not been able to send or receive email from/to any external addresses. I can still send email to my own domain users both inside and outside of the local network. Is it possible to change the port that the server sends outgoing email? The reason is because in my logs when sending to outside address (i.e. @me.com or @comcast.net), the logs state 'No Route Found'.

My next question is would my ISP blocking port 25 affect my ability to receive email as well? I know that comcast blocks port 25 inbound and outbound.

Thank you, in advance for any help.

iMac, OS X Server

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 10:10 AM

2 replies

Cannot send or receive mail after comcast blocked port 25

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.