Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4HDD/11 following SSD upgrade - but no problem !

I've recently upgraded my HDD for an OWC SSD mercury electra 6G 240GB in my macbook pro 13' mid 2012, OSX 10.8.2. I have then performed an AHT (since I've changed hardware) and ended up with that error (4HDD/11/40000000 SATA(0.0)). I did what apple recommand (ie disabeling looping) and still have the error, both in short and extended test.

However my computer runs just fine (and fast), exept some weird deep sleep issues, maybe more related to the OS.

Also, testing the SSD speed with black magic disk speed test doesn't give me what expected (arount 180mb/s in reading vs 500mb/s announced by OWC).

Can it be related to a recognition failure of the hardware ?

A firmware issue ?

Will my SSD die in 2 months !?

Should I send my SSD back to OWC ?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 12:17 PM

I would give the OWC technical department a call and get their perspective on your issue. They are in general a savvy group of technicians.

Ciao.

6 replies

Jun 27, 2013 11:12 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

I think so...

Well I didn't run AHT before SSD upgrade but I think it starts after SSD upgrade.

I use this kit: http://www.ifixit.com/Apple-Parts/Mac-Mini-Dual-Drive-Kit/IF171-005 and Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series 512GB. Maybe its because of third party cable ?!

Fusion Drive is also configured and its works like a charm. There's nothing wrong with Disk Utility, Disk Warrior, etc checks.

And when I run AHT at different times. Sometimes its shows similar error (4HDD/11/40000000 SATA(1.0)) and sometimes it dosen't

Jun 27, 2013 11:17 AM in response to bobcoriandre

It was 6 months ago, the SSD was running slow and AHT gave the error I've mentionned in my first post.

I've send the hard drive back to OWC, they change it, I put it into the macbook pro and miracle : no AHT problem !

The speed is what I've expected and what OWC mention in their data sheet.

Everything run just fine.

I don't know why I had this error.

4HDD/11 following SSD upgrade - but no problem !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.