Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad printing through airport express base

Hello, I'm a new ipad user and I have been trying to print from my iPad to a USB Epson printer connected to an Airport express base. The printer is well connected to the home network since I can print from any computers on the home network. The two iPads we have don't see the printer. When we try to print, the iPad searches for a few seconds then gives an error message about printer not being seen.

I know that my printer is not in the compatible list of airprint printers but from I have read, a USB printer can be connected to an Airport Express base and it does the same, unless this is not usable on an iPad. Will I have to buy a new airprint printer or a solution exists?

Thanks for the help.

S Dufort

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 12:49 PM

you need an airprint printer, or an app from the store that sends your print job via your computer to your printer. A usb connected printer to the express will not work by itself.

3 replies

Jan 18, 2013 1:25 PM in response to Serge Dufort1

This link - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356. provides a list of "air print compatible" printers.

Want to print from your iPad, but don't have an air print compatible printer? Check out the applications available from the iTunes store. Simply launch iTunes on the computer and select iTunes Store, or launch the iTunes Store from your iOS device. Search out the key words "iPad Printing".

ipad printing through airport express base

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.