Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ghost or phantom touch

Has anyone heard if there is a repair for this issue?

I have:

cleaned screen

removed cases

removed screen protector

restored

restored to original factory settings

The ghost or phantom screen input has gotten progressively worse over the last few months to the point where it is now constant and the device is useless. I need to decide if there is an economical repair option for it or if it's garbage. Does anyone know if apple has been able to isolate the cause and devise a repair? I have not been able to find any onformation on the forum of a person with this problem happenning out of warranty - like myself - so anything that anyone could tell me would be much appreciated.

Our family has 3 ipads, 2 phones, a touch and a macbook. It is now that I realize how the convenience of having all devices on one platform can be a real problem if I decide that I want a different tablet next time around - but I can't see buying another ipad when I didnt even get two years out of this one.

I'm hoping a reasonable repair can be found!

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.2, 32GB Wifi and 3G

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 1:06 AM

After upgrading to IOS 8 this problem face off.
And that because of low ram capacity, the only solution is to clear or refresh memory after a moment.
Or downgrade to IOS 7.1.2, and as this crap brand close the SHSH blobs after a time, we would not be able to do so.

I beg you apple, to at least open SHSH blobs for ipad mini first generation IOS 7.1.2 ipsw, in a way I can downgrade and be able to sell this piece of junk to somebody numb.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 1:06 AM in response to schellski

After upgrading to IOS 8 this problem face off.
And that because of low ram capacity, the only solution is to clear or refresh memory after a moment.
Or downgrade to IOS 7.1.2, and as this crap brand close the SHSH blobs after a time, we would not be able to do so.

I beg you apple, to at least open SHSH blobs for ipad mini first generation IOS 7.1.2 ipsw, in a way I can downgrade and be able to sell this piece of junk to somebody numb.

ghost or phantom touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.