Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

27 inch late 2012 hard to start up

My new 27-inch late 2012 with hybrid drive iMac has been giving me fits all of a sudden when I try to power it up. I have to hold the power button of for 30-40 seconds before it starts. Anyone else?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Hybrid drive

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 2:52 PM

8 replies

Jan 27, 2013 8:16 PM in response to OCRiderCraig

Your choice but AppleCare will extend the warranty 3 years and can be found for as low as $120. The advantage of AppleCare is if you have 3 instances of repair Apple replaces the machine. I've seen this occur many times that people get brand new models when their 3 year old machine has problems. Personally I've never had to use it but I sure enjoy the peace of mind.

Jan 28, 2013 12:04 AM in response to OCRiderCraig

You don't need to buy extended AppleCare. You are still under the one year warranty. You should call support or if you are close to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair Center make an appointment. The 90 days phone support is for:

http://www.apple.com/support/complimentary/

Complimentary hardware support provides telephone support for basic setup, installation, assembly, and connectivity. See the support-related materials included with your Apple product for more information.

Complimentary software support provides telephone support for installation, launch, or reinstallation (not including data recovery) when your hardware configuration meets the minimum system requirements for the software. See the support-related materials included with your Apple product for more information.

It won't cost you anything to call support about a warranty issue. Here's the worldwide support contact list:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

27 inch late 2012 hard to start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.