Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i type an email sometimes the letters dont appear for several seconds. any suggestions?

salso when i type an address i the browser line it is very slow to load

iMac

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 6:32 PM

1 reply

Jan 18, 2013 9:28 PM in response to brownsbb

Please follow these instructions to delete the Mail "sandbox" folder.

Back up all data.

Triple-click the line below to select it, then copy it to the Clipboard (command-C):

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Quit Mail.

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder

from the menu bar. Paste (command-V) into the box that opens, then press return. A Finder window should open with a folder named "com.apple.mail" selected. If it does, move the selected foldernot just its contents — to the Desktop. Leave the Finder window open for now.

Relaunch Mail and test. If the problem is resolved, you'll have to recreate some of your Mail settings. You can then delete the folder you moved and close the Finder window. If you still have the problem, quit Mail again and put the folder back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Post your results.

Caution: If you change any of the contents of the sandbox, but leave the folder itself in place, Mail may crash or not launch at all. Deleting the whole sandbox will cause it to be rebuilt automatically.

when i type an email sometimes the letters dont appear for several seconds. any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.