Apple TV could no longer connect to Windows 7 PC home computer.
This happened after several Windows updates and Mcafee updates.
After reviewing the web for people with the same problem, I found that you can get your Apple TV back the way it was by:
1. Remove Mcafee and install Microsoft Security Essentials (free from the Microsoft website), then
2. Start the Windows Firewall from the Control Panel, then
3. Click on the left pane click on "Allow a program or feature through the Windows firewall", then on the new window
4. Click "Change Settings", click Yes to the pop up window, and
5. Select both Bonjour Services one at a time, and check the box that says "Home/Work(private)" network. Click OK at the bottom and you are done!
I was thrilled when I got my Apple TV back to normal.
mcafee is a horrible piece of software along with norton the only reason they have tons of users is because they pay pc makers to preinstall it and most nonTech users just pay up after the 30days of free virus scanning
Retrieving data ...