Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage is frozen

Hi,

I sent my friend too many emoji signs, and now his iMessage and my iMessage has frozen. I've tried restarting my iPad, turning off iMessage and signing back into iMessage, double-clicking the home button and deleting the little icon, but NOTHING is working.

Please help.

iPad, iOS 6.0.1, iPad Mini

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 1:41 AM

7 replies

Feb 25, 2013 10:08 PM in response to monkeyboy123

This happened to me too! I found a solution.

If resetting didn't work, try this:

First you need to press your home button. Go to the home screen where you have the "Search iPhone". Write some message from your imessanger like "hello" anything (any message sent from anybody that was sent through imessanger) to try to get you back to open the message widget/app.

You have to keep on trying until you see the page where you can see a message from because it was frozen or until some message (doesn't matter who) opens in the message box.

Next you need to go back where you can see all the messages and then you have to try to open your friends message.

Once you open that message that froze your iMessage (which is going to be hard to open, because it freezes and keeps going back to the home screen. (If this happens don't worry just keep on trying) click edit in the conversation which is located in the right top corner and delete all the messages or try to find that message where all the Emoji's were sent.

Usually it takes a while to get in the message widget/app but it will work. Sorry if you might not understand because its hard to explain without showing a screen capture.

I know because I've tried this and it happened to me too.

Good luck!

iMessage is frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.