Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting sony nex 5

anyone know how the wireles upload from Sony NEX 5RK is supposed to work i have the wirless import software and have configured the camera with the mac to be the destination ..

we i try and send to computer it connects to Wifi Network ..

but is unable to connect to the Mac Pro ..

?

any ideas

first impression the wifi is pretty lame ..

even when i connect to the wifi hotspot the camera creates its no use as you cannot see the camera / photos.

any help appreciated ( i have read instructions)

Thanks

Chip

Mac Pro (Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 11:16 AM

Hmm...sounds kinda lame to me, too. Apparently, you're gonna have to authenticate the Mac pro as the device to import photos to. (no, I'm not making this up)...

make sure your camera is disconnected. go to applications and click wireless Auto import

then wireless import device setting, then "set", then connect your camera with a USB, then a driver gets downloaded, and now you can download photos to your Mac pro. then you can disconnect your camera. Apparently, you have no choice. you have to do this or you won't be able to download photos at all. Plug and Play is not an option.

If you're done all this and it still doesn't want to go, then I give up for now

John B

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2013 11:16 AM in response to mac-chip

Hmm...sounds kinda lame to me, too. Apparently, you're gonna have to authenticate the Mac pro as the device to import photos to. (no, I'm not making this up)...

make sure your camera is disconnected. go to applications and click wireless Auto import

then wireless import device setting, then "set", then connect your camera with a USB, then a driver gets downloaded, and now you can download photos to your Mac pro. then you can disconnect your camera. Apparently, you have no choice. you have to do this or you won't be able to download photos at all. Plug and Play is not an option.

John B

Aug 17, 2014 6:53 AM in response to Johnb-one

johnb-one said:

this didn't help me. i just got a message telling me that my mac was already set up as the access point. any other ideas?

thanks,

connecting sony nex 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.