Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wet ipod that kinda works HELP!!!

HELP!!!!!! O.K. So i was at the beach and my ipod got a little wet in my pocket. it was working fine for 15mins and then started glitching (the unlock slider was in another language + a few other things i cant remember). on the way home the battery went flat (the low/no battery sign came up). when i got home i plugged it into my computer to charge because i thought it was fine cause it had stopped glitching. i came back and it was fully charged and fine so i unplugged it. 15minutes later the battery was flat again (at this point we had left home and were on our way to a camp 5 hours away) after that it completley died and i thought that was the end of my ipod (we had plugged it into the car and nothing was working) 2 hours later the flat battery sign came up, i thought it was ok again but every time i charged it past a flat battery it "died" (the screen went black and no amount of pushing buttons or charging would fix it).

so for some reason it works. but not past a flat battery.

im pretty sure ill need to take it into the shop but i want to see if there are any other options

also its wayy to late to put it in rice its been over a week (cause i was on camp)

oh and it wont connect to my computer/itunes anymore

thanks!!!

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1, 32GB

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 2:29 AM

You can try drying it is rice. However, I think it is permenently damaged.

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. It is $ 99 for 32 GB 4G and $149 for 32 GB 5G. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

1 reply

wet ipod that kinda works HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.